Book Title: SILVER BULLETS: A REVISED GUIDE TO INITIATIVE PROBLEMS, ADVENTURE GAMES, AND TRUST ACTIVITIES
Publisher: Kendall Hunt Publishing
Author: PROJECT ADVENTURE
- Quicksilver: Adventure Games, Initiative Problems, Trust Activities and a Guide to Effective Leadership
- Cowstails and Cobras 2: A Guide to Games, Initiatives, Ropes Courses & Adventure Curriculum
- Team Challenges: 170+ Group Activities to Build Cooperation, Communication, and Creativity
- The Bottomless Bag Revival!
- Silver Bullets: A Guide to Initiative Problems, Adventure Games and Trust Activities
- No Props: Great Games with No Equipment
- Great Group Games: 175 Boredom-Busting, Zero-Prep Team Builders for All Ages
- Children Moving:A Reflective Approach to Teaching Physical Education with Movement Analysis Wheel
- The Big Book of Team Building Games: Trust-Building Activities, Team Spirit Exercises, and Other Fun Things to Do
- Funn 'n Games
Silver Bullets is a guide to initiative problems, adventure games and trust activities. The activities of this book have all been used effectively by a variety of teachers, counselors, therapists, camp directors and church leaders. All have wanted an effective, engaging way to bring people together to build trust, and to break down the artificial barriers between individuals and groups of individuals.
Karl Rohnke, through his quarterly newsletter, Bag of Tricks, maintains a network whereby graduates of Project Adventure training and others can communicate new ideas and activities. Many of this book's ideas have come from that creative networking process.
The curricula is alive and engaging; it is sequenced and adapted by practitioners to meet the needs of each group it serves. As formal curricula, these activities have been evaluated as having improved self-concept, enhanced the ability of members to take risks, and strengthened the willingness of group members to cooperate and work well together.
For whatever age, these "Silver Bullets" can make a difference in your program and the people with whom you work.