Book Title: TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 8 - Literary & Informational Texts
Publisher: ECS Learning Systems, Inc.
Author: Lori Mammen
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 7 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 6 - Literary & Informational Texts
- Common Core Practice - 8th Grade English Language Arts: Workbooks to Prepare for the PARCC or Smarter Balanced Test: CCSS Aligned (CCSS Standards Practice) (Volume 11)
- 25 Complex Text Passages to Meet the Common Core: Literature and Informational Texts: Grade 7-8
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 5 - Literary & Informational Texts
- Text-Marking Lessons for Active Nonfiction Reading (Grades 4-8): Reproducible Nonfiction Passages With Lessons That Guide Students to Read ... Text Structures, and Activate Comprehension
- Common Core: Elements of Literature, Grades 6 - 8
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 3 - Literary & Informational Texts
- Barron's Core Focus: Grade 8 Test Practice for Common Core
- Common Core Language Arts Workouts, Grade 8: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Language Skills Practice
This book has more than 290 practice items and activities that help students learn to read and comprehend both literary and informational texts. The custom-developed book provides an easy-to-use tool for teachers and parents to teach the rigorous close reading standards to students.
Each Close Reading Work Text provides open-ended and thought-provoking tasks that develop students' communication, higher-level thinking, and comprehension skills. A complete answer key and help for the teacher or parent can be found in the Teacher Guide Section.
Authentic reading texts for each grade level focus on highly interesting topics and ideas for students. Higher-level vocabulary words are identified and defined in each passage. Each activity identifies its complexity level and the standard that is practiced. Diagrams, illustrations, and graphic organizers in the book support comprehension.
The 160-page TestSMART® Close Reading Work Text includes research-based content that builds higher-level thinking and comprehension skills. The book also contains a master skills list, an explanation of Common Core State Standards for reading, instructional and learning strategies, close reading vocabulary, a comprehensive answer key, a reference list, and much more.