Book Title: The Freelance Manifesto: A Field Guide for the Modern Motion Designer
Publisher: Lioncrest Publishing
Author: Joey Korenman
- Design for Motion: Fundamentals and Techniques of Motion Design
- Animated Storytelling: Simple Steps For Creating Animation and Motion Graphics
- The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
- FUI: How to Design User Interfaces for Film and Games: Featuring tips and advice from artists that worked on: Minority Report, The Avengers, Star ... Wars, The Dark Tower, Black Mirror and more
- The Freelancer's Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Have the Career of Your Dreams―On Your Terms
- The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion and Internet Animators
- Elemental Magic, Volume I: The Art of Special Effects Animation
- The Art and Science of Digital Compositing, Second Edition: Techniques for Visual Effects, Animation and Motion Graphics (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
- Work for Money, Design for Love: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Starting and Running a Successful Design Business (Voices That Matter)
Designing beautiful boards and making smooth animation come naturally to us Motion Designers. It's what we're good at. However, designing the career we want, with the freedom, flexibility, and pay we crave, that's more difficult. All of the above is within your grasp if you're willing to take the plunge into freelancing.
School of Motion founder Joey Korenman worked in every kind of Motion Design role before discovering that freelancing offered him not only more autonomy but also higher pay, less stress, and more creativity. Since then, he's taught hundreds of School of Motion students his playbook for becoming a six-figure freelancer. Now he shares his experience and advice on breaking out of the nine-to-five mold in this comprehensive and tactical handbook. The Freelance Manifesto
offers a field guide for Motion Design professionals looking to make the leap to freelance in two clear and concise parts. The first examines the goals, benefits, myths, and realities of the freelance lifestyle, while the second provides future freelancers with a five-step guide to launching and maintaining a solo business, including making contact, selling yourself, closing the deal, being indispensable, and becoming a lucrative enterprise.
If you're feeling stifled by long hours, low-paying gigs, and an unfulfilling career, make the choice to redesign yourself as a freelancer--and, with the help of this book and some hard work, reclaim your time, independence, and inspiration for yourself.